During my attendance to night art classes, I get to befriend two classmates. I share to them my experiences in life. The need to be a chameleon in social situations. Suddenly, today’s High functioning autism why many women are undiagnosed article triggers such memories. I’m surprised the reason I use “chameleon” as a metaphor. Because I have been trying to fit in but to no avail.
Things are confusing especially in social situations. The article Why Do Girls Show Signs of Autism Later Than Boys? helps to have a better self-understanding. The reason the characteristics and diagnosis show up later age in girls.
Is it due to women are created differently than men? Based on my interactions with other women, a strong women still wish to be protected by their husbands. Confessions of my personal experiences are 😳
- In the poetry social group, I begin to pick up poetry.
- A classmate whom I like enjoys coding, I learn to pick up the skills.
- Getting married due to pressure from my parents.
- Care the weak for my Lord Jesus becomes my motivating factor.
- Learn art better from teachers and friends.
- Sensing certain feelings after interacting with certain people. (I happen to meet a longtime friend. Suddenly, after confiding she angrily purging out foul words. After we part our ways to home, foul words talking in my head. So I quickly reject it in the name of Jesus. Listen to worship songs help me.)
- Worshipping God through their acts of kindness attract me to the persons. 😳
Upon knowing my weaknesses, I choose to be careful in whom I spend my time. Because I don’t want to lose myself. I want the Holy Spirit to be with me.